Friday 26 October 2012

Nicki Minaj Tutorial

Hi there.

On the night of the 25th October 2012 I went to see Nicki Minaj on her Pink Friday Roman Reloaded tour in Newcastle at the Metro Radio Arena. 

My make-up for the gig was inspired by the BEDROCK video and I took inspiration from MakeupByLeinaBaaaby and ReezyRiot on Youtube. 

In this post I am going to show you how to recreate this look. 


I hope you enjoy! 

--------------

Firstly, I primed my eyes using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and then the Yellow, Blue and Purple colours from the Sleek Make-Up Primer Pallet

I placed the Yellow on the inner third of my eye using my finger, then the blue on the centre of the eyelid then the purple on the outer third and extended it up and out a little. 

Then I wet a brush using MAC's Fix+ spray and the took the Yellow colour from Sleek Make-Up: Ultra Matts V1 pallet and placed it on top of the Yellow primer on the inner third of the eyelid. 
Wetting the brush using Fix+ and applying the colour wet creates a more vibrant and stand out colour. 

Next, I took another wet brush and applied the Duck Egg Light Blue shade onto the centre of the eyelid on top of the Blue primer placed there before. 

On the other side of the wet brush from the previous step, I placed the Purple colour and directly placed it on top of the primer colour. 

I then used MAC's Vile Violet from the Venomous Villans Collection and placed it onto the wet purple shade to use as a crease colour. I then worked the top of the colours  to make them look tidy and even. 

The final steps were applying Rimmel's Soft Khol Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in 071 Pure White onto the waterline to create a wide eye look and then applying Rimmel's Soft Khol Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in 061 Jet Black onto the upper lash line to make lashes look thicker. 

I applied my favourite mascara, Max Factor Falsh Lash Effect Mascara in Black, onto my lashes to create a long and full effect. 


To make this look even more dramatic you could add lashes. Two of my recommendations are Katy Perry lashes in Oh My! or Bourjois Faux and Fabulous lashes in More Volume.



I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. 

Let me know if you have tried it and if you'd like to see pictures to go along with the text!

Thank You

Geordie Beauty Junkie 
x x x

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the liebster blog award! http://therunwaylocket.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html for more details

    Philippa
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! Looks brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to learn what people are thinking!