Monday 26 August 2013

Everyday makeup brushes: face

Hi guys. 

I thought today I would share with you the makeup brushes I use on a daily basis. I firstly want to apologise as they have not been cleaned yet as I am away from home and my brush cleaner! 

I am breaking down this topic into two separate posts as I want them to be as concise and informative as possible, without boring you! 

So lets start with face brushes. 

----------------------------------------

I alternate between using three brushes to apply my foundation and primer. I will usually apply primer with clean fingertips but if I want to use a brush I'll choose my Celia Birtwell foundation brush from her Christmas 2011 collection or the brush on the far left which I think is just a very cheap brush I got years back but still serves me well. 
I will then use the alternate brush I didn't use for primer to apply foundation and then once I have gotten a nice coverage I will buff the foundation into my skin using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I absolutely love this brush as it gives a wonderful, professional finish to the skin and the brush itself is of high quality and density. 



Next are the blush, bronzer and powder brushes I use day to day. 


To apply my powder, I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush which I use to really work the powder into my face if I am wanting a very flawless coverage, matte effect or if I'm wanting a more sheer glowing look I'll use it with a light hand to gently dust a coating of powder to set the foundation and concealer. Again, as of all Real Technique brushes, it is made t a very high standard, the bristles of soft and gentle and the head of the brush is nice and dense to pick up powder well. 
The next brush is another Celia Birtwell brush from the Christmas 2011 collection, which has to be made to a high standard or would not have lasted this long! I use this brush to apply my blush as it has soft bristles which lightly apply colour to the apples very well. 
Finally, I use this Hello Kitty brush which I got in the Christmas sales of 2012 to apply bronzer. I love the shape of the brush and I think it works well in defining the cheekbones but also distributing an even  coating of colour all over the face. 


Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this post. 

Sarah 
X x x x


2 comments:

  1. A cheeky hello kitty brush eh haha ;)
    Should get the expert face brush xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Hello Kitty brushes! They're actually quite good! I want to get more Real Techniques!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to learn what people are thinking!