Thursday 20 September 2012

my year in photos.


Hiya! 

This is a new series on this blog where I give you a little insight into my week via a series of photographs, to start it off, I thought I'd give you all an insight into my year...so far!  

I hope you like this idea, let me know if you would like to see more!

-------------



 First up, the Olympic Torch comes to Newcastle! 
I made my Fiancé wait with me in the rain for a good couple of hours to see the torch being brought to Newcastle which I thought was an amazing event! 


Here it is, leaving my position - check out Superdrug in the background! :D 


 The final Olympic piece I have from this year is the Cadbury's special edition Dairy Milk bar! I seen this for £1 in my local shop and was intrigued by the fact that it came in a box!



 Valentines Day 2012 was very special for me because it was the day my Fiancé proposed to me! We went for a meal in Frankie and Benny's the weekend after and he crafted this rose out of napkins. 


 This is my Engagement ring. It's so special to me and I love everything about it!


 On Valentines Day, it was also my Parent's 25th Anniversary which for the occasion they went to spend a couple of days in Bamburgh in the Northumberland County. My sisters and I baked a cake to mark the occasion once they had returned. 


 I treated myself to a little present off of eBay a little earlier in the year. I love this Roald Dahl classic and thought it was an amazing little gift. (I love the idea for Wedding invitations also!)


During the Summer, Andrew (my Fiancé) and I decided to have a little BBQ. We bought a portable BBQ from ASDA and we also got sausages and burgers, I found the little faces pulled in these photo's quite hilarious!


I think I nicknamed this one, ANGRY BURGER! :P


This was a wonderful Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri from Revolution in Liverpool. We came here for my Cousin's Hen Party! We dressed up as Bunnies and hit the town!


This was the lovely morning we woke up to from the Travel Lodge. Hello Liverpool!




Some pictures from my Graduation in July. This day was such an amazing day and I enjoyed every moment of it! I cannot wait to do it all again!



These are two pictures from my Cousins wedding in August. The first was a little bit of a family joke because there was another couple in the venue whom had gotten married and they were called Sarah and Andrew! 
The bathroom in the Marriott was also amazing, I thought it was so nicely decorated and it was so clean!


In August I had to undergo an operation, this was my first ever operation so I was a little bit frightened! This is the needle they put into my hand. 


This is the start of Christmas in Newcastle. Byker Morrisons had started to put out their Christmas stock! I get super excited for Christmas! (watch out for my Dear Santa series!)


For my twin sisters 17th Birthday I decided to treat them and cook them a special Birthday tea! I did Pork Chops, New Potatoes and Veg! MMM! 


Very, very recently, the Metrocentre saw the opening of Krispy Kreme! I'm not a massive fan of doughnuts but I knew I had to try some of these, I picked the pink sparkly one, of course!


I was a model for a local hairdresser who needed to practice doing old fashioned hair styles. I got my hair set in rags which I knew my Nana and Grandma had done to them in the past! I loved every moment of this!



This year saw another family wedding, this time, my oldest sister Dawn! She chose this Bridesmaid dress and I got this hairstyle done at the same local salon! I was very happy with the whole look and enjoyed the day thoroughly! 


In this picture I had been messing on with some fake lashes for my cousins wedding, I decided they were fun for tutorials and Halloween but not for everyday use!




July 2012 saw the annual event that is my BIRTHDAY! This year I turned 20 and had an amazing meal with my sister and some close friends! I got these Lita boots as a present from my parents which I am in total love with! 
The balloon I received as a surprise from my sister when I went to Frankie and Benny's! 
The final picture is my Fiance's presents for me wrapped up! He text me this picture as a teaser to me but one thing I did fall in love with was the wrapping, super cute! 



These are pictures from my MAC makeover which I got just before my cousins wedding in August. I got the voucher off my Nieces as a Christmas present and I am in love with the final look! 



Andrew and I went down to the Seaside a few times this Summer and these are some pictures from the trips! I love going to the seaside, it makes me feel all happy and the smells bring back memories from childhood. It's also a fab walk if you walk from Tynemouth to Whitley Bay it is 4 miles!


This picture is from a family BBQ that happened some time this Summer. My cousin and my Uncle came up from Warrington and we enjoyed spending time together as it becomes a rarity these days :( 


My sister and I went to York in May and this is a picture from the Wheel that was set up in the grounds of the Royal Station Hotel! We're going back very soon!



I discovered some amazing American-ness in Newcastle! 
First off a small diner nestled in a back street within the City Centre named Stateside Diner! The milkshakes here are to die for!
The next is a new store in the Metrocentre and now, Eldon Sq, Yankee Doodle Candy! Here is my first every purchases! 


This picture is special because this was the day the Queen came to Newcastle, well she passed through! 


Really early on in 2012, I found this Limited Edition bottle of Diet Coke in Poundland! I now use them as vases!


My sister and I went to meet James Corden at a book signing in Newcastle, I loved meeting him, I really thought he was a terrific guy!



The same sister as mentioned above, had a presentation at The Mansion House in Jesmond. We met the Mayoress of Newcastle and had tea and cakes!


Last, I have one of my favourite purchases of 2012. PUGS NOT DRUGS t-shirt as seen on Russell Howard's Good News (BBC3) This can be found in Urban Outfitters Mens section!



If you like these posts please let me know! 


Geordie Beauty Junkie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to learn what people are thinking!